*0 of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was 6°C.
Yesterday’s afternoon rainfall continued into the evening and this morning it is a slippery mess in Hirafu village. Balmy conditions here….let’s call this a transitional day! The skiing and boarding may be ok up on the mountain as there is still a great coverage of base snow around the resorts. The warmer weather looks set to continue for the immediate future so chin up people.
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 160cm
- Snow depth at the base, 70cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 152.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.