* 38 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 6:25 am today the temperature was -6.9 °C.
If you have had the snorkel out the last few days then today you are going to need the full scuba-tank, mask and regulator. Our last storm had a real sting in the tail and this 24hr snowfall was the biggest of the whole cycle. From what we can tell the tap turns off later this evening and then comes back on after a sunny weekend. Today will be E P I C … again. Forget about bitcoin if you live in Niseko and buy snowblower shares. Oh and it’s still dumping as we write!!
To see the snow live jump on the feed of Hirafu Zaka at the bottom of the page to check it out.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 526 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 300cm
- Snow depth at the base, 140cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.