*8cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 07:00 today the temperature was -17.5°C. It is the coldest morning of the season out there today! The snowfall has all accumulated overnight so there is a great chance we will see a reset on higher parts of the mountain. The snow quality this morning is superb with classic ‘Sherbert’ powder which translates to very fine granulated snowflakes. Coupled with the extremly cold temperatures and light winds this morning will be ALL TIME! The wind is forecast to pick up today so there is no time like the present to get ready and get on the mountain. GO GO GO!
* Spoiler Update. At 08:15 some extremely strong gusts of wind were observed outside. This is forecast to pick up and continue for much of the day so be prepared for plan B if the lifts aren’t running….and stay warm!
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 868.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 385cm
- Snow depth at the base, 180cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.