* 31.5 has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko,much more in drifted areas. At 6:00 am today the temperature was -6.9 °C.
Apologies for the site being unavailable for a while yesterday, it seems our traffic has spiked along with the snowfall and we needed to make some server changes to handle the extra traffic.
If you were outside yesterday it was pretty clear the snowfall was almost constant, if you were lucky enough to nail the lift lucky dip in the wind then there is a good chance you had one of the better powder days you have ever had. Today will be better, with less wind the snow should have almost totally re-set and with lots of the resorts remaining closed up high yesterday there is a serious stash waiting when it does open. Today is a just go get it day, still windy but not as bad and hopefully vis will have improved a little. Conditions will be dry, light and deep!
It’s still snowing so if you want to see the snowfall right NOW head over to the live cam.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 612.5 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 310 cm
- Snow depth at the base, 130 cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.