*0cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 07:00 today the temperature was -1°C. Another calm overcast morning with much warmer conditions.The expected snowfall has not eventuated but is still in the forecast for today so lets see what happens. After the recent rise in temperature please be careful on the roads and walking around the village as there will be some nasty icy sections. Most accidents happen off the mountain.
* 07:55 update. Just after we published the snow report the snow started coming down! There is actually a FUSETSU (strong winds and heavy snowfall) warning in place ) so it will possibly be a wild day out there. Conditions on the mountain will be “dust on crust” so again caution is advised.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 1028cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 440cm
- Snow depth at the base, 210cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko’s snow station for the 2017-18 season is in Higashiyama at 200m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our house on the ground.