JSekka recently sent out a newsletter regarding The Inaugural Niseko Pro Invitational. Hokkaido has long been a secret hot spot for Japanese golfers because it has some great courses – without the long lines and high costs of the courses in southern Japan. Nowhere is this more evident that at New Chitose Airport during the Spring and Summers months where you’ll see copious amounts of travellers with their golf bags and paraphernalia.
Over the past few years, and championed by the guys from Niseko WOW and Niseko Golf Academy, the amount of international golfers holidaying in Niseko has been steadily increasing. And this year we get the first Niseko Pro Invitational Golf Event, sponsored by Niseko Black, Niseko WOW and The Vale Niseko, which will be enjoyed by Japanese and international golfers playing together.
Details of the four day event are a follows:
- 26 June – 30 June 2012
- JGTO (Japan Golf Tour) pros will visit Niseko Village.
- Non-Japanese Pros Paul Sheehan and Neven Basic will be participating.
- Pro Tournament & Golf Competition Day One
- Tuesday 26 JuneNiseko Village Golf Course
- Participation fee: ¥12,000 (visitors), ¥11,500 (club members), ¥8,900 (SP members)
- Capacity: 48 people (12 teams)
- Meet: 8:00 am at the reception desk.
- Three holes per round, played together with Sheehan / Basic, light meal, pro giveaways and 45 minute golf clinic session included.
- Pro Tournament & Golf Competition Day Two
- Saturday 30 June Niseko Golf Course
- Participation fee: ¥11,500 (visitors), ¥10,500 (club members), ¥8,400 (SP members)
- Capacity: 72 people (18 teams)
- Meet: 7:45 am at the registration desk.
- Two holes per round, played together with Sheehan / Basic, light meal, pro giveaways and 45 minute golf clinic session included.
- Play style: scramble (14 persons/group, best hole)
- Conditions: participation possible for individuals and groups
- Registration deadline: 6 June 2012
- Registration and enquiries: Niseko Pro Invitational Event Bureau TEL 0136-21-6133