* 20.0 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours. At 6:06 am today the temperature was -11.9c.
Solid snowfall in the last 24 hours and probably enough to re-set most places. It’s nice and cold too so face shields and an extra layer will be the order of the day. Hard to tell as it’s dark but temps this cold usually mean clear skies. Get out there.
Check the live cam feed if you would like to see what is cooking right now in Hirafu on the snow front.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 783 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 360 cm
- Snow depth at the base, 155 cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.