*53.5cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -8°C.
Lost for superlatives to describe the snowfall we are receiving here in Niskeo!! Another monster dump in the last 24hrs and it is almost starting to get scary!
Looking back on our records for the total snowfall for January over the last couple years we have:
2012 – 419cm
2013 – 464cm
At this rate we are well on track to smash those totals and our accumulative snowfall level has just rocketed past the 7 meter mark.
A few shots from yesterday
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 400cm
- Snow depth at the base, 225cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date, 741cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Get more information on Snow-Forecast.com.
Niseko snow fall data
The 360niseko snow fall data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Feel free to use it for personal or commercial purposes and if you publish it please credit 360niseko by providing a link back to the website.