* 18 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 5:45 am today the temperature was -7.9 °C.
We have had a good sized fall of snow over night and through the day yesterday (it felt like the bulk of the snow as in the afternoon) taking us up past the 4 meter mark for recorded falls this year! With the extra cold temps it will be blower pow in all the resorts today. Powder boards and fat ski’s are the right tool for todays task. Enjoy.
360 Tip #2. Buy a full day ticket today.
If you want to see what the snow is doing live just jump on the live feed of Hirafu Zaka at the bottom of the page.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 400.5 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 245cm
- Snow depth at the base, 95cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.