*0cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -13°C.
Cold clear conditions greet us this morning here in Niseko with fresh snowfall predicted for this evening.
Today marks the first day since the 21st of December that we have not observed snowfall on the 360niseko snow station over a 24 hour period. After 27 days in a row how much did fall?
The biggest dump was on the 14th of January with a whopping 53.5cm!
From the 21st until the 31st of December we recorded 115.5 cm of snowfall. From the 1st of January until today 378.5cm….. put those totals together and we get 490cm of fresh snowfall in 27 days!!
Average that out and you get 18+cm a day! Also worth noting that we had 10 days of 20cm+ dumps.
To round things off we had a fantastic day yesterday with brilliant sunshine for most of the day.
* For any people reading our report and using any of the information for subsequent commercial use could you please provide a link back to our site. We go to a lot of trouble to produce our reports everyday – please help us out by supporting our work by attributing us however you would like including on social media. Thanks 😉
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 420cm
- Snow depth at the base, 210cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date, 797.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Get more information on Snow-Forecast.com.
Niseko snow fall data
The 360niseko snow fall data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Feel free to use it for personal or commercial purposes and if you publish it please credit 360niseko by providing a link back to the website.