*38.5cm of fresh snow as fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:15 today the temperature was -9°c.
Heavy snow fall hit the region yesterday and has continued unabated.This morning the the snow seems to be coming down even harder if that is possible! There is a moderate wind which may effect some of the lifts higher up on the mountain but it it is safe to say it will be incredible on the mountain.
As the snow continues to pile up the skiing and boarding is just getting better and better. Here are a couple shots from a morning session in Hirafu yesterday.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date, 398cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 275cm
- Snow depth at the base, 140cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Get more information on Snow-Forecast.com.
Niseko snow fall data
The 360niseko snow fall data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Feel free to use it for personal or commercial purposes and if you publish it please credit 360niseko by providing a link back to the website.