*2cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 7:00 today the temperature was -3°C. An overcast start to the day with light snowfall overnight. Higher up on the mountain there maybe some decent patches of fresh snow but we need a big dump to reset conditions. The groomed runs will be the pick for the day while we wait for fresh snowfall to arrive.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 449cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 215cm
- Snow depth at the base, 85cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko’s snow station for the 2019-20 season is in Higashiyama at 200m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our house on the ground.