*7.5cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 7:00 today the temperature was -7°C. Light snowfall and overcast conditions this morning in Niskeo. A modest top up but higher up will certainly be enough to keep things exciting.
A leisurely afternoon drive by the Sea of Japan yesterday.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 819.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 370cm
- Snow depth at the base, 170cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.