*0cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 6:45 today the temperature was -1°C. Winter has seemingly returned today with intermittent snowfall. Just a dusting on the snow station at present but the snowfall is expected to pick up throughout the day. The weekend is looking good with low temperatures and snowfall forecast. We will have a bump in the temperatures Monday, Tuesday before another cold snap and snowfall for the rest of the week – you read that right. Take care out there as there are lots of cracks and the potential for large avalanches
* We have added 5cm of snowfall total which came down through the day on the 16th
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 898cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 290cm
- Snow depth at the base, 100cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko’s snow station for the 2017-18 season is in Higashiyama at 200m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our house on the ground.