* 0 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 6:30 am today the temperature was a balmy -2 °C. .
Well that just happened and there has been no snow accumulation overnight. There were some small falls yesterday and I am sure there was snowfall up high but our station at 300m is bare this morning. There’s a strong strom due in this evening and snow forecast for the rest of the week so lets hope we wake up tomorrow morning and find Santa has dropped off a foot or so of what we are all wanting for Xmas.
Keep an eye on the live cam of Hirafu Zaka and you may even spot it arriving.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 553 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 300cm
- Snow depth at the base, 150cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.