*0.5cm of fresh snow as fallen in the last 24hrs just outside of Hirafu Village. At 7:15 today the temperature was -16°C [almost 2°F].
Looks like we’re in for a fine Xmas morning. There’s not much new snow, but it was a very cold night and remains cold this morning – so what snow is out there will be nice and puffy.
There will be some fabulous views of Mt. Yotei today from anywhere on Niseko Grand Hirafu.
It’s looks clear out and over Nakayama-togei.
But the weather can change quickly here in Hokkaido and these clouds over the Sea of Japan near Otaru look like they might bring some more snow soon.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date, 487cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 285cm
- Snow depth at the base, 145cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Get more information on Snow-Forecast.com.
Niseko snow fall data
The 360niseko snow fall data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Feel free to use it for personal or commercial purposes and if you publish it please credit 360niseko by providing a link back to the website.