*2.5cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 7:00 today the temperature was 0°C. Yesterday we received a lot of wet spring snow which formed a thick slushy layer with dry snowfall coming down overnight on top of the slush layer. We have sunny conditions this morning so it won’t be long before the slush wins the battle! Higher up on the mountain it is anyone’s guess what conditions are like…there is only one way to find out!
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 717.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 345cm
- Snow depth at the base, 135cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko snow station is now in a new location for the 2016-17 between Hirafu and Higashiyama at 200m in altitude. There is 27m difference in altitude to last seasons position in lower Hirafu village 227m. *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our house on the ground.