*11cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 7:00 today the temperature was -4°C. Yesterday it snow quite heavily throughout the day and into the early evening. There should be plenty fresh tracks up for grabs! It feels like more snow may have fallen on the Hirafu / Hanazono side. Wind could be a factor on the mountain today. Off piste action is still very limited as we wait for the base to cover up more of the bamboo and shrubs.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 379.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 235cm
- Snow depth at the base, 95cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko’s snow station for the 2019-20 season is in Higashiyama at 200m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our house on the ground.