*5cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 6:45 am today the temperature was -9 °C.. Another cold mid winter like morning here in Niseko. With light winds in the forecast it will be another excellent day on the mountain. An extra layer and a face mask essential this morning!
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 301.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 210cm
- Snow depth at the base, 85cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.