* 26.5 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours. At 6:00 am today the temperature was -6.9c.
The 24 hour snowfall has been pretty solid and even though a lot of it fell during the day there will be great fresh tracks to be nabbed today. There is some hocus-pocus going on with the forecast that should it come true will see us experience a warm patch starting tomorrow and then a steady building trend in snowfall before a pretty big weather event at the end of the week. Forecasts are really just that though and anything more then 48 hours out can be taken with a grain of salt. Sun is due to poke it’s head out again this arvo so make sure you are on the mountain when it does.
PS. Don’t forget early bird lifts are going on all over the resorts today as it’s the long weekend.
It’s still snowing now so if you want to check what a classic Niseko dump looks like check the live cam feed.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 721 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 325 cm
- Snow depth at the base, 145 cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.