*13cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 8:00 today the temperature was -7°C. More jaw dropping snowfall yesterday afternoon into the early evening. The 13cm of accumulation down here ain’t nothing compared to what awaits our brave powder hunters up on the mountain this morning. Songs will be written about the incredible conditions here in Niseko. GO GO GO!
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 484.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 260cm
- Snow depth at the base, 135cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko’s snow station for the 2017-18 season is in Higashiyama at 200m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our house on the ground.