*0.5cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -12°C. Just a dusting overnight and we have calm cold conditions. After 13 days in a row of amazing snow it is time to pause and reflect…but not for long! There is a massive storm bearing down on us here which is due to hit tonight and is expected to deliver up to 150cm of snowfall in parts of Hokkaido! No…way!?! Let’s see what happens. In the meantime enjoy some groomed runs this morning and buckle up for a wild ride this week!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 320cm
- Snow depth at the base, 150cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 565.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.