*2.5 of fresh snow has accumulated in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was 0°C. Yesterday a strong cold front arrived bringing with it cold temperatures and a decent dump overnight in Hirafu at village level and it is still snowing lightly. Chances are pretty good for some spring pow turns higher up on the mountain! The cold temperatures are not forecast to last so if you are in Niseko get up, get up high and go go go!
A few snap shots from yesterday.
Photos: Glen Claydon Photography
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 320cm
- Snow depth at the base, 65cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 1068.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.