*12cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -9°C.Another decent top up over the last 24 hours – expects some deep wind blown powder stashes up there. Wild weather has been predicted today all over Japan and particularly in the north. Strong winds, heavy snowfall and extremely cold temperatures are expected. Presently at village level things seem ok. Caution is advised out there try and ski/ board with a friend or in a group and look out for you fellow skiers and boarders out there. Face masks and an extra layer is the go!
Hirafu Village Snap Shots
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 285cm
- Snow depth at the base, 140cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 439.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.