*0cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was 5°C. There is no easy way to sugar coat this so…it is raining in Hirafu and expected to continue through out the day with strong winds and heavy rain forecast for tomorrow. Is this unusual? No. Is this annoying? Yes.
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 325cm
- Snow depth at the base, 150cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 781.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.