*16cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 6:15 today the temperature was -5°C. Just when we thought the snow was going to ease off a bit – BAM dumping again! Yesterday we were treated to some patches of sunshine in the morning – which literally last 5 mins each time then it went back to snowfall. The snowfall eased off in the afternoon and into the evening. Early this morning the tap has been jammed back on and it is dumping again! Reset after reset – life is good here in Niseko.
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 295cm
- Snow depth at the base, 140cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 493cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.