*5cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -7°C. Thankfully It looks like the horror weekend of rain is now behind us and winter has returned overnight with vengeance. This morning there are weather alerts for the western side of Hokkaido with extremely strong winds and heavy snowfall. Look out! Against this backdrop lift operations will almost defiantly be hold across Niseko United but you never know – don’t take our work for it and keep your eye on the weather and lift status.
Oh the humanity
Soldiering on in the rain.
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 300cm
- Snow depth at the base, 130cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 786.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.