*19cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was 0°C. The snow has a nice quality about it and it should be light and dry on the mountain. Although there will no doubt be deep tracks up for grabs be careful out there ass the coverage will still be very patchy in places – beware or rocks and dangers hidden under a thin layer of pow. The snowfall is predicted to continue through the weekend. Life is good!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 135cm
- Snow depth at the base, 30cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 171.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.