*5cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 7:00 today the temperature was -3°C. Colder conditions this morning and an overnight top up of light dry powder. There is not enough for a reset but should still be pretty good up there today. Wind could be an issue but one thing for sure is….wear a face mask it feels much colder than -3 out there in that wind.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 275.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 180cm
- Snow depth at the base, 90cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko’s snow station for the 2017-18 season is in Higashiyama at 200m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our house on the ground.