*5cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -4°C. It is a wild morning out there with strong winds…but not as wild as we were expecting, none the less the wind will have transformed the mountain creating all kinds of potential hazards. Please ready the avalanche reports and keep and eye on your fellow skiers and boarders out there. Lift operations may be wind effected so keep and eye of the lift status. On the positive side….there will be deep wind blown powder stashes up for grabs for those who know where to find them!!!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 340cm
- Snow depth at the base, 160cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 571cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.