*9cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village.At 7:15 today the temperature was -1°C.After light snowfall yesterday over night we have had a fairly heavy dump came down in the wee small hours with around 7-8cm at village level. Probably not enough for a complete reset higher on the mountain but the skiing and snowboarding should be pretty sweet up there this morning. The snowfall is expected to ramp up over the next few days with heavy snowfall predicted so get ready!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 260cm
- Snow depth at the base, 115cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 342.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.