*2cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -3°C. Presently their is very light snowfall and strong wind with low visibility – not ideal. So far the predicted storm has not packed as much punch as expected with snowfall but unfortunately has produced strong winds that has played havoc with lift operations. Significant snowfall is predicted from today into next week so hopefully we will all be floating through fields of powder again in no time!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 340cm
- Snow depth at the base, 160cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 573cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.