*2cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was 2°C. Well folks the start of the week brings rain to us here at village level. Not an ideal start to the Christmas week but hopefully snow is falling at higher elevations. The rain is predicted to turn to snow later today and overnight. Looks like a big storm is due to arrive xmas day….we better be careful what we wish for!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 165cm
- Snow depth at the base, 60cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 202.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.