*17cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -4°C. After 2 days of wild weather and closed lifts it looks like this morning all the pent up energy will explode all over Niseko United!! That’s right folks there is a very good chance the upper lifts will open and first tracks glory awaits! Please read the avalanche report as there will be all sorts of avalanche danger and extreme caution is advised for anyone going through the gates this morning…if they open. Have a fun out there!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 300cm
- Snow depth at the base, 130cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 590cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.