* 19 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 6:30 am today the temperature was -2.9 °C. .
Yet another amazing morning of snowfall here in Niseko. Conditions are much warmer already than they have been for the last week. This will make the snow slightly heavier lower down on the mountain but the skiing and snowboarding will no doubt still be incredible. For anyone venturing into the backcountry please take care as there is an avalanche warning in place for the Shiribeshi region.
At the moment Hirafu village is literally groaning under the pressure of all the snow. Today with the warmer conditions it will be very slippery on the roads and on the the footpaths. Take your time and don’t rush as most accidents don’t happen on the ski fields!!!
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 545 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 320cm
- Snow depth at the base, 155cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.