*7.5cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -5°C. Winter has returned with cold temps this morning and another decent top up overnight. The winds were strong overnight so we suspect gate access will be restricted today so keep an eye on the avalanche report. There will be lots of deep wind drifts out there so “wind blown powder stashes” will be the order of the day!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 350cm
- Snow depth at the base, 150cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 881.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.