* 8 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 6:30 am today the temperature was a balmy 0 °C. .
It’s almost a relief after the last weeks onslaught to see a bit less snow today after an amazing afternoon in yesterdays bluebird conditions. Riding is gonna be fast and fun today and the smart money would be on getting out there early. There is some pretty big wind and heavy snow due to kick in late Sunday evening so make sure you get out and enjoy the mountain over the weekend as the storm that is coming will probably shut the show down over Xmas day and boxing day other than the very bottom lifts, fingers crossed the forecast is wrong. If you have snow clearing to do get out and do it. If you have board tuning to do put it off till after the weekend and get out and ride.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 553 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 300cm
- Snow depth at the base, 150cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.