*0 cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was 0°C. A mild morning in Hirafu today! There was a brief period of snowfall early evening which set the pulse racing but unfortunately did not amount to anything significant.
Should be a nice day up on the mountain with low winds and excellent visibility. We have snow in the forecast from tomorrow and then on the weekend temperatures are set to plunge and winter looks set to take hold…fingers crossed!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 180cm
- Snow depth at the base, 60cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 203cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.