*25cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -6°C. Incredible snowfall is again blessing the region and here in Hirafu village it’s fair to say it’s SNOWMAGEDDON! It snowed consistently yesterday and absolutely dumped at times. We heard reports of wait deep sections in Grand Hirafu by the time the lights came on for night skiing and boarding. And the best part? It’s still snowing and isn’t going to stop any time soon!!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 190cm
- Snow depth at the base, 55cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 236cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.