*18cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -8°C. The brilliant snowfall has continued throughout the last 24 hrs and powder pandemonium is starting to boil here in Niseko!! We can expect the snowfall to just keep coming for the next 2 days at least and at this rate the upper mountain could be in operation within the next few days! The only potential downer today could be….the wind. Gale force winds are predicted but fingers crossed that doesn’t eventuate. Have a great day and stay safe out there in all that pow wow!
Hanazono was sensational yesterday – check it!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 220cm
- Snow depth at the base, 80cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 236cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.