*0cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was 2°C. Wild weather has gripped Niseko with gale force winds and snow flying sideways. It is extremely unlikely that any lifts will be running today. Temperatures are all over the place this week but the snow is forecast to keep falling and as soon as the wind calms down there will be some excellent wind blown powder stashes all over Niseko United
Some times the weather forecast is accurate and sometimes it isn’t. Take yesterday for example, cloud and snowfall was on the forecast but instead we had a perfect bluebird that lasted all day! No one was complaining.
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 395cm
- Snow depth at the base, 170cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 951cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.