*10cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -3°C. This morning we have light snowfall in the village and cold conditions again. Most of the accumulative snowfall fell throughout the day yesterday and we have only had a few centimetres over night. Not enough for a reset lower down on the mountain but hang on……there is still a lot of untouched powder higher up! Keep an eye out for today’s Avalanche Report.
After the recent wild weather conditions yesterday were described by some as “the day of the season” that is a tough call but is Hanazono we can report conditions were certainly epic!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 400cm
- Snow depth at the base, 170cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 990cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.