*9cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -7°C. After yesterday’s incredible weather and excellent snow this morning feels like the morning after a massive night out…but wait. Right on cue from around 6pm yesterday it DUMPED. Not sure if enough has come down for a total reset but conditions should still be pretty good up there. This morning the snow has a fantastic light quality which will assure plenty of face shots. Today is the last day of “Japanuary” for the 2015-16 season!!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 320cm
- Snow depth at the base, 140cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 659.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.