*20cm has fallen in the last 24 hours in Niseko. At 6:45 am today the temperature was -7 °C.. Another all time morning on the cards with the strongest cold front on the season enveloping us here in Niseko. It has absolutely dumped over night and coupled with the cold temperatures has created what we are guessing is some of the best snow on the face of the earth right now! Light dry Hokkaido powder snow. With snow forecast for the rest of the week the mind blowing conditions here in Niseko show no sign of letting up anytime soon!!
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 296.5cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 200cm
- Snow depth at the base, 70cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.