*16.5cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 5:15 today the temperature was -5°C. More fresh snow for the start of the weekend! Another solid dump overnight and it looks like the reset button has been well and truely pushed! It is still snowing now so by first lifts conditions will again be amazing. A strong cold front is expected to move into the region and intensify throughout the day and is forecast to bring heavy snowfall and strong winds overnight into tomorrow. We recommend making the most of today as we may all be in the grip of a big bad blizzard tomorrow!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 345cm
- Snow depth at the base, 160cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 738.5cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.