*15.5cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:00 today the temperature was -7°C. Well well well. Looks like the big bad blizzard hasn’t eventuated as forecast but the overnight snowfall has! Not much wind here at village level so it should be another epic day on the mountain. The visibility is is pretty low so take care at higher elevations and buddy up!
Dream Turns with HBC
We hit the new HBC Shimamaki Snowcats zone yesterday and here are a couple of teaser shots – full blog post coming tomorrow!!
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 355cm
- Snow depth at the base, 165cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date in lower Hirafu village, 754cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.