* 5.5 cm has fallen in the last 24 hours. At 5:50 am today the temperature was -2.9c.
So the throttle got yanked back in pretty brutal fashion last night on the snowfall front and temps are headed upward. Still going be good riding out there today so worth the effort to drag one’s self out of bed. Forecast is running fairly true so get ready for some solid snowfall after this warm front passes.
PS. Don’t forget early bird lifts are going on all over the resorts today as it’s the long weekend.
Check the live cam feed if you would like to see what is cooking right now.
Useful information from other places
- Accumulative snow fall to date in Niseko, 726.5 cm
- Snow depth at the peak, 365 cm
- Snow depth at the base, 175 cm
- Real time lift operations.
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Snow Forecast 6 day weather summary
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
- Please follow the Niseko Rules.
Live Web Cam from Hirafu Village
360niseko Snow Station Readings Disclaimer
The 360niseko now has 2 snow stations for the 2017-18 season in Higashiyama at 200m and 300m *The Hirafu Gondola is at 305m. Please be aware that this new reading is NOT in Hirafu village but a few kilometers down the road. There is always a deviation how and where the snow falls – the area is famous for micro climates and mini weather patterns. Some days there may be 10cm in Annupuri and 25cm in Hanazono and vice versa – some days 30cm of fresh snowfall comes down everywhere!! Altitude plays a big part as well so please don’t take the 360niseko snow readings as being definitive – the readings are what is outside our houses on the ground.