*3.0cm of fresh snow has fallen in the last 24hrs in Hirafu Village. At 7:30 today the temperature was -10°C.
Glen is off to Honshu for a few days on a photo shoot with Powdershots Niseko – hence the temporary snow station to take measurements. I was wishing for enough snowfall to cover the vice, but…
This morning is overcast and, as with the last week or two, the temp. is down, so make sure you have that extra layer on. There’s still plenty of fresh spots out there – just be careful of the dust-on-crust effect in the more populated runs.
Useful information from other places
- Snow depth at the peak, 390cm
- Snow depth at the base, 190cm
- Accumulative snow fall to date, 847cm
- JMA’s six hour precipitation forecast, possibly the most accurate weather map
- Real time lift operations.
- The latest Niseko avalanche report.
Get more information on Snow-Forecast.com.
Niseko snow fall data
The 360niseko snow fall data is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Feel free to use it for personal or commercial purposes and if you publish it please credit 360niseko by providing a link back to the website.